Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Well, How many times...

Does one have to start over on this lifestyle Change!!!
Guys I have to tell ya.... I haven't really felt very committed to it this last week.
My husband went out of town yet again, and is scheduled to get back tonight (Tuesday) and then He will be gone again Friday morning. So I have kind of been in a funk. It doesn't help that I am all the way across the country from were I want to be. I have ward friends here but it isn't the same as the family that I have in Utah (Not literal family they are in Texas). SO anyway I have been in a funk. I haven't been to the gym since my husband left last Thursday, and Our order of Girl Scout cookies came in!!! I love thin mints, But really I didn't eat too many of those I just had some. But still I was telling Melissa earlier that I really hate all the mental fatigue and stress that goes into having to count everything you eat and measure out every meal. It just takes a toll. When I started losing weight back in October, it was great. I just changed my eating habits and the weight started to come off. It almost felt easy. I know that I had to try and that I had to pay attention and that I had to give up certain habits. No problem, It was working. But now 5 months later I am still eating less making what I think are healthier food choices and have increased my exercise. And I can't seem to get anything off. So I just keep thinking man it just doesn't seem worth the stress. I want to be healthy. I am not going to quit. But I really don't understand why I am not losing this weight. SO everyday I have some frustration. My family is so very supportive. My children read Nutrition labels and remind me to make sure I have had enough fruit or healthy veggies! My husband works out with me every night. How much more support can I get? So I know it is not from lack of support. I will keep going and keep going and going. I will not quit because I am not dead and this is a change that I want for the rest of my life (if the weight does decide to come off.) But after another 6 months I still am not getting anywhere, you guy remind me why I am continuing on!! OK?

Alright Enough Ranting!!!!! Love you guys thanks for listening!!
And thanks Holly and Melissa for staying up late nights with me while Terry has been gone,(I love IM) I really appreciate it. I am glad he will be back for at least 2 nights so I can get some sleep!!!

5 comments:

Hollys Hobbies said...

I am so sorry you have been down in the dumps. It has got to be dang hard having Terry gone so flippin' much! I am glad that you are not giving up, and that you know we are here to support you-no matter what time of night it is!;)
It is definately bizzare that your body is giving you fits, but I do know that when all is said and done you will have reached your goals and you will be smokin' hot! We will stop traffic I tell ya-watch out Utah!!!

Patty said...

I think every day is a new start. Changing your lifestyle is hard. You can do it. You are strong. Oprah always says that when you are eating you are running away from something else. I are you eating to cover something up? Take some time for yourself and meditate and try to figure out what is going on inside your head, maybe that will help.

Tammy said...

Ohhhh Carrie!!! I soooo hear you loud and clear. I think you just rewrote a post that i just wrote about an hour ago. It is sooo frustrating, and so emotionaly draining. I am not giving up either, but I just wish there was a easier way to do all this. It just makes life sometimes so depressing when you do all you can do and not see the results that you want. hang in there, good thing we have each other too!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are so frustrated Carrie. Take deep breath...go read the post you wrote about being MOTIVATED and move past this! This is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix! You may not see the results you want right now, but you will see them if you continue to make healthy choices both food related and physically. :)

Lorie said...

You sound like the lesson we had at weight watchers this week on detours. You sound like you are in a speed trap or in other words slow scale progress. they talked about looking at what is causing it. Are you gettin enough fruits and veggies, water, dairy servings, eating whole grains getting some healthy oils. Are you getting enough exercise? I don't know what is causeing your speed traps, but remember they are only a detour and you will get back on the lossing path eventually! Hang in there!