Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring Break

Well, we are in the midst of spring break!!! I have my kids' home and have loved it. Yesterday we went shopping for spring and summer clothes. We spent the whole day out shopping and the kids had a blast! My girls are like their mom and like to shop and try on the cute clothes; my 8 year old is just getting into clothes and styles. I love it because she has so much fun with it! Anyway, the family had Taco Bell last night and I know that there is absolutely nothing on the menu at Taco Bell that I can eat, so I went by a different southwest restaurant and got a real southwest salad, it was lettuce, real grilled chicken, black beans, fresh salsa, and jalapenos. The salsa and jalapenos gave it flavor so I didn't need dressing. Man it was so much better than a taco salad from Taco Bell! The gym was great last night too! I really like this new workout, I feel like It is doing more for me than the workout I was doing just a couple of weeks ago. One thing that I noticed was that last week on the elliptical my heart rate got up to 162. I was maxed out. This week my heart rate stayed around 154! I was working the same workout with the same resistance. I think that my heart is getting stronger! Wow, that is great, huh? As soon as my heart rate is in the 140's with that same workout, I think that it will be time to up the resistance some more! Today was a great day too, we just hung out around the house today, and the kids did some chores and played. They didn't get on each other's nerves or mine and they were never bored! Amazing! My teenage son and I like to do puzzles together. So we sat for about 3 hours putting together a puzzle. If this is the only way that I can have one on one time with him and let him just open up and talk to me then we will do puzzle after puzzle!!!! We are trying to plan some activity for the rest of the week with the girls, because Tan went with a friend to St. Petersburg, Florida. To hang on the beach for the rest of Spring break, my girls were so sad. Kay actually cried and didn't want him to go! Anyway, with him gone we don't have a sitter to be here with the kids for us to go to the gym! We are going to run around the neighborhood and do some other exercises around the house; we'll see how that goes!! Well, enough of my rambling, here is my food for today…

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Snacks

Garden Omelet

Lean pocket, salad, pear

Spaghetti, Garlic Bread

3cups Popcorn, 1FFpudding cup

260calories/8g fat

400calories/7g fat

550calories/10g fat

105calories, 6g fat/80calories, 0g fat

Totals=1395 calories

31g fat

  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, sounds like you are doing awesome! That's great!!! keep it up!