Sunday, May 25, 2008

This Weekend…


Saturday: I had a really good weekend. Melissa and I had been talking about swimsuits for some time now, and she finally went and got one so I figured I had better hurry and get one too. Our Park City trip is just around the corner! I went to Kohl's and looked around; I found about 6 swimsuits to try on. Now I have never been a try on kind of person. Being overweight and very self doubting it is not a fun thing to find a really cute outfit and then go try to put the biggest size they have on and it not fit you! So I am not a trying on type girl. But, I tried on every one of those swimsuits, and let me tell you what a wonderful experience this was. They all fit, and some were way to big, The first batch I tried on were all size 16's, and I was so worried that they would fit wrong because they were swim suits. I had to trade them in for a smaller size, not only once but twice! I ended up fitting the size 12's! I found a great swim suit but really wanted to get my husband's opinion; I went ahead and bought it but took my husband back to see the others. I ended up keeping the one I chose. I went ahead and tried on a couple of shirts that I thought were cute too, Fueled by the fact that trying on the swimsuits went so well. I tried on about 8 shirts. I was trying on medium shirts. They fit! I am so excited for this because last October I would have bought XL!!! Medium, can you believe it? My husband talked me into 3 of them. Anyway, I walked around feeling absolutely wonderful for the rest of the evening.


Sunday: Today was just ok! I was still feeling great about my new clothes. I picked one of the blouses to wear to church and it looked really cute. I was feeling really good and got a few "WOW!" "You look great." Comments, then as we were coming out of sacrament a lady that isn't normally in the ward made a heart breaking comment to me. "Oh, when are you due?" Talk about popping my balloon! I wanted to cry! It took a little while but I am over it. I don't think that I look pregnant! I know that at times I have but since losing almost 30 lbs, I haven't looked in the mirror and thought that. But I am still hanging on to a little of that cloud 9 and keeping my spirits up! I think I looked good!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, darn woman...don't let her get you down! Go by the facts girl! You have a size 12 swimsuit and some new MEDIUM shirts!! Stay on that could nine!

Hollys Hobbies said...

wow, I am so sorry she ruined your day and made you feel like crap.. I bet you anything that she feels so horrible! You look dang good Carrie and I saw you in that swimsuit, be proud of the weight you have lost because you deserve to feel great about it!!