Monday, February 18, 2008

Good recipe!!!


OK, so I have been doing this new menu thing and balancing all the food groups and keeping calories and fat low and fiber and protien up. Well for dinner tonight I needed a little more protien because I skipped my afternoon snack. So I came up with really good recipe I thought I would share.

1 4oz Chicken Breast Flatened 187cal, 4g fat
2oz Sliced Black forest ham 70cal, 1g fat
1/4c Spinach 10cal, 0g fat
3 mushrooms sliced 5cal, 0g fat

Lay the flatened chicken beast on waxed paper lay the ham on the chicken.
spread the spinach and mushrooms on the ham.
roll the chicken breast tightly jelly roll style tucking the ends.
Spray a skillet with pam and sprinkle any seosoning (I used a real good one from mckormic called the Perfect seasoning)over the chicken and pan fry seam side down first.(It will keep it together while the other sides are cooking.

This is good lean protein! And It tasted great! I think that next time I might add a little mazzerella or swiss in with the spinach.

I added some more (to equal 1c with the little bit in the chicken) spinach and 1c green giant veggies with lowfat cheese sauce and a piece of low cal toast with low cal margerine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm sounds good thanks for the easy recipe

Patty said...

The chicken recipe sounds good. I think it would be good with a little cheese added to it. Sounds like you are making great changes.

Tori Leslie said...

Hmm, that looks good. Just found you, think I'll look around some more.

Hollys Hobbies said...

That looks and sounds so good Carrie! And did you lose another pound?! I noticed your ticker has moved. Good job girl!!!!

Lorie said...

That sounds really good!