Friday, February 22, 2008

what is your REAL reason or purpose is for losing weight?

I have type 2 Diabetes that I'm sadly ignoring right now, because it scares me and it is silent! I have the bury your head in the sand syndrome! I feel like that if I lose the weight and get active just as silently then they will cancel each other out. I know, I know this isn't the way to do things. But right now this is my way of dealing with this. I know that I have to lose this weight or I will have so many complications in my life that I wont see my children become all that they are supposed to be. And I will not be able to spend the rest of my life with my best friend/Husband. He will have to spend it alone. I am also vain, I want to look in the mirror and like what I see. I want to think that others think I look good in the clothes I am wearing. I want to run with my kids. I want to be able to go shopping with my daughters at the regular stores not at the fat stores. I want my daughters to develop the healthy outlook instead of the fat outlook. I want my kids to be proud of their mom for her persistence not just for making lunches and coloring with them. I want them to see me set a goal and accomplish that goal, so that when they have something hard in their lives that they can have an example. I guess I could go on and on but I'll stop here, I think you all get the picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great reasons Carrie! When you are struggling, remind yourself of those! Because you CAN do it and you CAN be an example to your kids!!

Patty said...

I can relate to all of those reasons.