Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm stumped (sorta)

Well, because I switched my weigh in day to mondays...
I weighed in today at 202. What in the world???
I'm stumped, I know that there were a few day that I snacked but my calories were still in the mark. I think that I don't eat all my calories as healthy as I should. And my exersize isn't as consistant as it could be soooo...
I didn't win this month ladies but, next month!!!!!
It is frusterating when you gain after cutting out things that you like from your diet though.

Breakfast:
1c cream of wheat 120cal, 0g fat
1tbs Margerine 40cal, 4.5g fat
4tsp Sugar 60cal, 0g fat
1c Skim milk 80cal, 0g fat

Lunch:
2c salad 30cal, 0g fat
8 mushrooms 20cal, 0g fat
1/2c tomatoes 10cal, 0g fat
1/3 cucumber 15cal, 0g fat
1oz Turkey lunch meat 60cal, 1g fat
1oz Ham Lunchmeat 60cal, 1.5g fat
4tbs Lite Honey Dijon Dressing 90cal, 3g fat
1 slice lite bread 40cal, .5g fat
1slice Turkey Lunch meat 20cal, 1g fat
1/2 tbs Mustard 5cal, 0g fat

Dinner:
Purdue Perfect Portions Chicken Breast 110cal, 1.5g fat
1/2c Steamed Broccoli and Carrots 30cal, 1g fat
10oz Baked Potato 180cal, 0g fat
1tbsp Margerine 40cal, 4.5g fat
2tbsp Reduced Fat Sour Cream 40cal, 3g fat
1/4c Kraft 2% Shredded Cheddar Cheese 80cal, 6g fat

Snack:
2 small clementine oranges 120cal, 0g fat

Totals for Today 1250cal, 27.5g fat

Went to the gym and worked out hard! 20 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5miles per hour and 20 minutes on the elliptical, Then 30 good holding crunches, and 3 10 second reverse crunches! Man it was a good workout. My muscles feel good! They feel worked!

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies, I won't give up!!!

5 comments:

Hollys Hobbies said...

That is so frustrating! What in the world is going on? Maybe you should try switching up your exercise routine? I am sorry for your struggle!!! Stay positive though because you cant give up. Everybody's body is different so trying to compare ourselves to one another is just useless. Keep positive, your week will come when you will be amazed at what you have accomplished!

Becky said...

Carrie, I'm sorry you're frustrated but in reading your posts it sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Carie and YES that IS frustrating. The main thing to do at this point is to just stick to it. No, you might not be seeing results now, but you WILL see them!! I agree with Holly, everyone is different. Your body may just need a little longer to kick into the changes, but really...if you are sticking to it, you will see results.

Tammy said...

Carrie, I gained a pound I think my second week into this, It was very frustrating!! Keep at it and dont give up!!

Christi said...

Check out this site: It gives you the calories you need to lose weight, and to mantain weight.
http://www.globalrph.com/diet_calc.cgi

This will convert your height into centimeters
http://www.teaching-english-in-japan.net/conversion/feet_inches

I honestly think you need to adjust your exercise program. Cardio is really what is going to get those pounds to melt off. Your body is going through an adjustment period, and you need to just jumpstart the heck out of it. If you can only walk 5 minutes on the treadmill, the next day add another minute or two, and up your speed by 1. Do this every day, and I promise by the end of the month, you will easily be able to brisk walk/jog for 30 minutes and KICK SOME HINEY!!

Please, DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED!! Discouragment is the #1 reason people stop trying to get healthy. Discouragement is the worst enemy to losing weight. There will be times when you intended to order a grilled chicken sandwich, salad and ended up ordering a burger with fries and milkshake! WE ALL do it!

These moments happen to everyone. The guilt is tremendous and the psychological damage is more destructive than the extra calories. Setbacks are inevitable but shouldn't be used as an excuse to give up or eat more. Accept the disappointment for that day and move on.



I read an article recently that said something like this:
" Turn on the mental switch that says you are going to lose weight. You have to want to lose weight. If you don't want to lose weight, forget it. You can't do it for someone else. You have to want to do it for yourself. If you really care about your health, well being, longevity, personal looks, and your family, then you should have no problem turning on the switch. You are not losing weight for the sake of losing weight, you are working toward the experience you will feel after the weight is gone. The benefits are what it is all about. And you really won't know how great it is until you get there."


So girl, Keep on keeping on! Your on the right track Carrie! I have faith in you!
Here is my favorite weight loss quote.

"You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there."

Christi